So .. it’s a new year and a new decade. (yipes.. that’s making me feel older by the minute!)
With this time of year everyone always makes resolutions…and sometimes actually keeps them. 😉
I’m no different. I usually start out with a list of things that I’m going to do… and then don’t, because life somehow gets in the way. So instead of resolutions or goals.. . I’m just going to make changes in things..from my perspective to my eating habits. Changes I said… not goal or resolutions. We’ll see if a new word sparks my new habits.
1. I want to keep the house neater. I feel so much better when the house is clean. It is usually indicative of my feeling stressed and cranky, if I am not keeping the house cleaned. And I’m a clutterbug, so changing of the holding on to the large amounts of paper & dreck.
2. Eat less and Move more. This area… I have to make changes. For my sake. No one else’s. The whole family though, is going to have to eat with Mom. Have a checklist of things that I’m getting done. Feeling more like this is something I can do, not just have to…
3. Listen more. Really, actively listen to what a person is saying… and sometimes, you are going to hear between the lines. I think that I tend to jump ahead of what a person is saying..and miss what they have said and left unsaid.
4. Take time to plan things better. This past year, there were many things that I skipped doing because of lack of time, lack of effort to be organized on my part, and then felt let down, because I didn’t do them.
5. Take time to be quiet. I need to be still before God. He is in control of everything, and I need to sit back and be quiet. He is going to carry me through, as long as I’m not leaping and lunging all over the place.
See only 5 new habits that I need to instill in myself. If it was only as easy as a new software update for the computer…sigh… I’ll let ya know how it’s going…